حل ورقة عمل Water distribution on earth العلوم المتكاملة الصف الخامس
Answer next questions:
1. Hydrosphere is all water on earth.
2. What percentage of earth’s surface is saltwater 97% is found in oceans and seas.
3. Most of freshwater is trapped in ice caps and glaciers.
4. What percentage of Earth’s water fresh 3%.
5. Least of Earth’s freshwater is found where surface water.
6. What type of water is found in streams and rivers ? Running water.
7. What type of water is found in swamps and lake? standing water
8. What is alike between lakes, stream, ponds and rivers ? all surface water.
9. What is difference between oceans and rivers? Ocean is salty but river fresh.
10. What is alike between lakes and reservoirs ? Both are fresh water.
11. What is difference between lakes and reservoirs? lake is natural but reservoir made by human.
12. Approximately how much of earth’s surface covered by water 1%
12. How do people get groundwater to their homes? By digging a well.
13. What is difference between aquifers and reservoirs ? aquifers is natural groundwater but reservoir made by human on ground.
14. How are glaciers and oceans similar? Both are not usable by human.
A Glaciers is a thick sheet of ice that moves slowly
An Ice cap is a covering of ice over a large area
A Reservoirs is an artificial lake used to
store water made by building a dam on a river.
Storage is the process of storing water on Earth’s surface.
Aquifers (groundwater) rocks and soil. is water stored underground between
The graphic represents the distribution of salt and fresh water on the planet. Complete the graphic with the missing information.