حل أوراق عمل FINAL REVISION العلوم المتكاملة الصف الثامن
Infer the makeup of the buried layer below Zion’s Kaibab layer.
A The layer below the Kaibab layer at Zion National Park would likely be the same layer that is immediately above the Kaibab layer at Bryce Canyon National Park.
B ✓ The layer below the Kaibab layer at Zion National Park would likely be the same layer that is immediately below the Kaibab layer at Grand Canyon National Park.
C. The layer below the Kaibab layer at Zion National Park would likely be the same layer that is immediately above the Navajo layer at Bryce Canyon National Park.
D. The layer below the Kaibab layer at Zion National Park would likely be the same layer that is immediately below the Navajo layer at Grand Canyon National Park.
A) at the bottom of the sequence
B) below the sedimentary rock layer ✓
C) below the unconformity
D) at the top of the sequence
The principle of ……………… states that, in an undisturbed sequence, the oldest rocks are at the bottom of the sequence and successive layers are younger than those below them.
A) Superposition ✓
C- original horizontally
Determining the order of events and the relative age of rocks by examining the position of rocks in a sequence is called.
A) absolute dating
B) radiometric dating
C) relative dating ✓
D) radiocarbon dating
The gap in the rock record that occurs between folded or uplifted rock layers and a sedimentary rock layer on top of them is called a(n),
C) Angular unconformity ✓
What classification of unconformity occurs when sedimentary rock overlies igneous rock?
B) nonconformity ✓
C) angular unconformity
A ………….. is part of the DNA code on a chromosome.
A) gene ✓
Which of the following is NOT part of a chromosome?
B) cell ✓
C) deoxyribonucleic acid
Mutations cause changes in.
B) proteins ✓
D) essential nutrients
……………… A segment of DNA is a
Humans can change a species’ ……….by choosing which organisms will reproduce.
B) traits ✓
Small changes in traits that cause variation are frequently caused by
A) natural selection
C) mutations ✓
2. No two tigers have the same stripe pattern. Such slight differences in inherited traits among individual members of a species occur through mutations. Which term best identifies these differences?
B natural selection
D variation ✓
3. A bat’s heart rate can fall dramatically during hibernation. Its breathing rate is also affected, and it may not breathe for an entire hour. Hibernation supports the bat’s survival in its environment. What type of adaptation is hibernation?
A functional ✓
D none of the above
4. Which structural genetic change in the finches can be identified as the one most influenced by feeding habits, as proposed by Charles Darwin?
A ability to fly from island to island to find the food they prefer ✓
B beak size and shape to take advantage of the food they had
c claw shapes for perching on limbs while catching insects in their beaks
D cooperative behavior so they could share limited seeds and nectar
Can traits of organisms always be predicted with selective breeding? Explain how multiple causes can influence the traits of an organism.
Students should identify that traits are not always predictable due
to mutations. Students may list environmental and genetic factors as multiple causes that influence an organism’s traits.
Analyze and Conclude
8. How do the puppies differ from their parents?
Answers may vary. Students should note that the puppies all
inherited a trait from each parent, but not all puppies got the exact same combination of traits.
9. How were you able to produce a desired trait in your puppies? Were you always able to produce the desired trait? Could the traits be predicted in terms of probability?
Students should identify that by choosing the trait they found most important and selecting a partner who chose the same trait, they were able to ensure all puppies had this desired trait.
10. How are natural selection and selective breeding related?
Students should identify that the same mechanisms are behind each (variation in traits), but that each have different forces acting on them. In natural selection the environment forces changes while in selective breeding, traits are selected by humans.
3. Golden rice is a type of rice that has been altered to contain vitamin A. This yellow rice is beneficial to populations that typically do not receive enough vitamin A from other sources. How is golden rice classified?
A genetically engineered
B genetically modified organism
C altered through gene therapy
D A and B ✓
6) Which of the following is NOT a fossil?
A) outline of a fern found in a rock
B) petrified wood in the desert
C) baby mammoth found in a glacier
D) old stone tools found in a cave ✓
When the last individual of a species dies, that species is considered.
c) extinct ✓