حل درس Currencies of the World اللغة الإنجليزية الصف العاشر
- Listen and identify the main points in texts
- Recognise, transcribe and say numbers and figures
- Read and identify specific information in texts
- Recognise new words related to economics
the amount or number of something, especially that can be measured
to improve or increase something
the highest, strongest, or best point, value, or level of skill
to gradually become less, worse, or lower
an increase that is sudden and quick
- Currency : the money that is used in a particular country at a particular time
- Figure: the symbol for a number or an amount expressed in numbers
- Quantity: the amount or number of something, especially that can be measured
- Boost: to improve or increase something
- Peak: the highest, strongest, or best point, value, or level of skill
- Decline: to gradually become less, worse, or lower
- Sharp rise: an increase that is sudden and quick
- Market: a group of buyers and sellers of a particular good or service
What does these words mean?
Read the description of the chart and choose the best option.
The bar chart illustrates the number of companies registered with the DIFC from 2004 to 2015. From the opening of the financial market in 2004 to 2008 there was a sharp 1 raise / increasing / rise to a figure of 747 registered companies. The 2 figure / trend / quantity slowed, but continued to grow steadily for the next four years. From 2012 the rate of 3 boost / growth / gain has picked up rapidly to reach a 4 peak / tip / point of 1445 companies registered in 2015. This represents an 18% 5 buck / jump / drive on the previous year.
Match the numbers to the way we say them.