أوراق عمل Writing Revision Booklet اللغة الإنجليزية الصف الثاني عشر
AlBaheya Common School
Basics of writing
1. Start your sentences with a capital letter(Names,places
My name is Alya.
I go to Sharjah every month.
Dubai is a famous tourist attraction.
2. Write full, well-structured sentences.
Hamdah is a great teacher.
You are an amazing artist.
If you want to get high marks, you must study very Some books were left at the school.
3. End your sentences with full stops or question marks. My classroom is very tidy today.
Who cleaned the classroom today?
4. Use the correct tense of verbs in your writing: Stories and (fiction and nonfiction) =past tense-future tense
Direction-instructions -recipes= present tense.
Essays-emails could be written in past-present-future tense
Add-ed to most verbs to show that an action already.
Use special past tense forms for irregular verb.
• An action verb tells what someone or something does.
• Add-s to the action verb if the subject tells about one place, one thing, or on other person.
Thani runs along the coast every morning. Running gives him energy and makes him feel better all day.
Mariam drives to the desert at weekends. She wears helmet
as well as knee and elbow pads to surf on the sand.
• If the verb ends in sh,ch,ss,s,z orx add-es. Saeed fixes his wrist brands and lifts his weights. My family teaches me about fitness.
Do not add -s to the action verb if the subject is I, you, we, they, or a plural
I watch my brothers exercise. You learn from them, too.
Athletes experiment with different techniques. They get feedback from their trainers.
Grade 5 writing prompts:
Writing a paragraph
• A paragraph is a series of sentences that are about one topic.
• A paragraph is made up of three parts: a topic sentence, supporting ideas, and a conclusion(ending)
• A topic sentence expresses the main idea of the paragraph.
• The topic sentence answers one or more questions like why, how, or where?
• Every word in a topic sentence is important.
• You must be able to support your topic sentence.
• A topic sentence must be about something you can prove, explain, or show through description.
Grade 6 writing prompts:
Write a paragraph about a person from your past who has had a big impact on your life. (35 words)
Who are they and how do you know them?
What did they do that made a big impact on your life?
How do you feel about them now?
Write a paragraph about a place from your past that holds special memories for you. (35 words)
• What is the place and where is it located?
What are some of the special memories you have of that place?
How do you feel when you think about that place now?
Write about a time when you were with someone in a special place.
Who were you with? Describe them.
Where were you?
What made it an unforgettable experience?