أوراق عمل Survive the Environment العلوم المتكاملة الصف الثالث
Module Test: Survive the Environment
1) Which of the following is an adaptation that provides an advantage for an animal compared to other members of its species?
A kangaroo rat has smaller legs and cannot jump as far as others.
A giraffe has a shorter neck to eat leaves off trees.
A hummingbird has a longer beak to drink nectar from longer flowers.
A fish has bright colors that make it stand out in the school.
2) Which statement is an example of mimicry?
A giraffe has a long neck to reach high leaves.
An insect’s body is shaped like a thorn.
A lizard changes color to blend in with its environment.
A skunk uses a strong odor to scare away predators.
3) A pet dog eats a lot of food and does not exercise. What will likely happen to the dog over time?
It will eat less of its food.
It will become overweight.
It will find ways to exercise.
It will find a new environment.
4) Fill in the blanks using the available answer choices.
A desert jackrabbit can survive better with………..ears.
Blank 1 options
5) Which is an example of mimicry?
a duck with webbed feet in order to swim in the water
a nonthreatening snake that looks like a more poisonous snake
a moth that has colors to blend in with its environment
a porcupine that uses its quills scare away predators
6) When a bird flies south for the winter, it is.
7) .An organism that imitates another uses……….to stay safe.
8) …………..A polar bear’s white fur is an example of
9) Which is an example of camouflage?
a moth that looks and acts like a hummingbird
a bear that sleeps in a cave all winter long
a colorful fish that lives among brightly colored coral
an elephant that uses its large ears to fan itself
10) Select all the situations that can make it hard for an elephant to survive.
It finds new space to roam within its habitat. It cannot find enough food in its environment. It makes its home near a fresh water source.
It must compete with other animals for resources.
11) Which is an example of a desert plant adaptation?
does not photosynthesize year-round
loses its leaves in winter
has a long, woody trunk
has soft tissue to retain water
12) Which of the following statements is not true?
A lizard that uses camouflage to hide in its environment is hetter adapted to hide from predators than other lizards.
A cheetah that can run faster than its siblings is more likely to catch an antelope to eat.
A peacock with brighter tail feathers than other peacocks can more easily find food.
An elephant with large, healthy tusks is more attractive to a possible mate.
13) Fill in the blanks using the available answer choices.
Animals that……………go into a deep sleep to survive the winter when there can he
less food to eat.
Blank 1 options
14) Over time a giraffe’s neck has become longer to adapt to changes in the environment. Why do you think this has happened?
The giraffe needs to reach the leaves in trees.
The giraffe needs to look for predators.
The giraffe needs to carry its young.
The giraffe needs to get more air.
15) A tiger has a striped coat. What could this help it do?
he seen at a zoo
sneak up on its prey
store hluhher for the winter
let other tigers know it is nearby
16) How is a brightly colored flower on a plant an example of an adaptation? It helps attract sunlight.
It repels herbivores from eating the plant.
The bright flower will help attract animal pollinators.
It makes more pollen.
17) Julia’s third-grade class has learned about many different animal adaptations.
Why do ducks have webbed feet?
to allow them to move in water
to enable them to fly farther to use as a tool for eating
to walk across the desert sand