حل درس Classifying Matter العلوم المتكاملة الصف السابع
Matter: is anything that has mass and takes up space.
Look at the picture and name some matters:
- Everything you can see is matter. However, somethings you cannot see also are matter, Such as the Air because it has mass and take place.
Things that not matter:
To decide whether something is matter, ask yourself:
DOES IT HAS MASS AND TAKES PLACE???
Atom: is a small particles that is a building block of matter.
Building blocks are used to construct different objects, for example:
Different arrangement make up many types of objects
So, different arrangement of atoms will make up many types of ______
So, different arrangement of atoms will make up many types of matter
- What particles are located in the nucleolus?
- What are the parts of an atom?
oNucleus (Protons and Neutrons)
Elements: is a substance made of only one kind of atom.
Atoms of one element are different from atoms of other elements
The smallest part of an element is the atom
- There are 118 known elements. Which means that there are 118 types of atoms.
- Each type of atoms has different number of protons.
- Example: Aluminum (Al) has ____ protons, Oxygen (O) has ____ protons
Compounds: is a substance made of two or more elements that are chemically joined in a specific combination.
Each compound is made of atoms in a specific combination.
State whether each substance below is an element or a compound:
Complete the definition using words from the box below:
two or more only one chemically joined
- An element is made up of only one type of atom.
- A compound is made up of two or more different atoms, _chemically joined _ together.
Compounds V. Solutions